The False River Watershed Council invites you to an open house event to provide information and updates on the False River restoration project.
Who: False River Watershed Council, including representatives from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, Louisiana Department of Natural Resources, Pointe Coupee Parish Police Jury, local legislators, other state agencies and private citizens
What: Open house meeting to discuss False River restoration project
When: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Where: Cottonport Community Center
208 East Main Street
New Roads, LA
Meeting topics include:
- Phase II – North Flat dredging project
- M1 and M2 project reports/updates
- 2016-17 drawdown information
- Best management practices for riverbank stablilization and reduction of erosion on private property
- Creating habitat in the lake and around lakefront property