For Immediate Release
January 3, 2017
Contact: Rene LeBreton
Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission
The next regular Commission Meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on Thursday, January 5, 2017, at the Wildlife and Fisheries Headquarters Building located at 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of December 01, 2016 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
6. Enforcement Reports December, 2016 – Captain Edward Skena
7. Recognize Cameron LNG for their Contribution to the Whooping Crane Recovery Program – Amity Bass, Director of Coastal and Non-Game Resources
8. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Amend the General and Wildlife Management Area Rules and Regulations for the 2017-2018 Season, the Resident Game Hunting Season for the 2017-2019 Hunting Seasons, the General and Wildlife Management Area Rules and Regulations for the Turkey Season, the Turkey Hunting Areas, and Seasons, and Bag Limits for the 2018 Turkey Season, and the Migratory Bird Seasons, Regulations, and Bag Limits for the 2017-2018 Hunting Season – Steve Smith, WMA Program Manager
9. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Modify Commercial Non-Sandbar Large Coastal Shark Daily Harvest Limits – Jason Adriance, Biologist
10. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency to Modify Commercial Non-Sandbar Large Coastal Shark Daily Harvest Limits for the 2017 Season – Jason Adriance, Biologist
11. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency to Set the 2017-18 Commercial King Mackerel Season – Jason Adriance, Biologist
12. Receive Presentation for 2017 Recreational Red Snapper Season and Consider Options for 2017 Recreational Red Snapper Season – Jason Adriance, Biologist
13. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman
14. Set April, 2017 Commission Meeting Date
15. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend this meeting via webinar visit:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to the contact at the top of this announcement at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date.