For Immediate Release
January 31, 2017
Contact: Rene LeBreton
Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission
The next regular Commission Meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on Thursday, February 2, 2017, at the Wildlife and Fisheries Headquarters Building located at 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA
The following items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of January 05, 2017 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
6. Enforcement Reports January, 2017 – Captain Edward Skena
7. Receive the Stock Assessment Report for Striped Mullet – Jason Adriance, Biologist
8. Receive an Update on and Consider Comments to previously approved Notice of Intent to Amend the General and Wildlife Management Area Rules and Regulations for the 2017-2018 Season, the Resident Game Hunting Season for the 2017-2019 Hunting Seasons, the General and Wildlife Management Area Rules and Regulations for the Turkey Season, the Turkey Hunting Areas, and Seasons, and Bag Limits for the 2018 Turkey Season, and the Migratory Bird Seasons, Regulations, and Bag Limits for the 2017-2018 Hunting Season – Steve Smith, WMA Program Manager
9. Receive Report on Deer Area 8 – Johnathan Bordelon, Deer Program Manager
10. Receive Report on Kaput Feral Hog Bait – Dr. Jim LaCour, Wildlife Veterinarian
11. Discussion and Consideration of March, 2017 Meeting Date, Location and Time
12. Set May, 2017 Commission Meeting Date
13. Receive Public Comments
14. Consider Holding an Executive Session, Pursuant to R.S. 42:17(A)(2) for Discussion and Consideration of Settlement Offer in the matters involving the “Albritton Servitude,” including the following listed and related cases:
- State of Louisiana v. ASA Properties, et al, Docket No. 72779, Section B, 42nd Judicial District Court, DeSoto Parish, Louisiana.
- State of Louisiana v. ASA Properties, et al, Docket No. 35809, 39th Judicial District Court, Red River Parish, Louisiana.
- Chesapeake Louisiana, L.P. v. Pintail Properties, LLC, et al, Docket No. 35565, 39th Judicial District Court, Red River Parish, Louisiana.
- Petrohawk Operating Company v. Chesapeake Louisiana, L.P., et al, Docket No. 35,903, 39th Judicial District Court, Red River Parish, Louisiana.
- QEP Energy Company v. Pintail Properties, et al, Docket No. 35,801, 39th Judicial District Court, Red River Parish, Louisiana.
- Stroud Petroleum, Inc. v. Pintail Properties, LLC, et al, Docket No. 34865, 39th Judicial District Court, Red River Parish, Louisiana,
Ryan Seidemann, Assistant Attorney General and Daniel D. Henry, Jr., LDWF Deputy General Counsel
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend this meeting via webinar visit:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive email alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all
reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign
language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to the contact at the top of
this announcement at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date.