The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Foundation (LWFF), whose mission is to enhance and encourage public enjoyment and use of the wildlife and fisheries resources in Louisiana, is seeking to fill a vacant Executive Director position.
The LWFF is a non-profit public, charitable foundation. The foundation was formed to provide a means for individuals and corporations to become partners with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries and the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission in the challenge of conserving the states wildlife and fisheries resources.
The goals of the foundation include habitat conservation, environmental education and training, natural resource research and management and general financial assistance to LDWF programs and projects that serve the public.
The Executive Directors job description includes:
* Managing day to day activities for the foundation
* Developing programs and services consistent with the foundations mission
* Implementing the goals and objectives of the foundation set forth by its Board of Directors
* Developing annual budgets
* Managing all fund raising activities
Interested candidates must possess the following:
* Three years experience in non profit or public agency management
* A Bachelors or Masters Degree in business or related fields of education
* Working knowledge of fiscal management
* Strong commitment to wildlife conservation
* Good public speaking skills
The job includes a competitive salary and benefit package. All interested candidates can submit their resumes to:
Thomas M. Gattle Jr., President
La. Wildlife and Fisheries Foundation
P.O. Box 2471
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
EDITORS: For more information, contact John Campbell at 225-387-3221.