April 19, 2011 – The Louisiana Shrimp Task Force will meet this Thursday at 9:30 am at Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Headquarters in the Louisiana Room.
The agenda is as follows.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Introduction of Members – Mark Schexnayder
- Selection of the Chairman
- Review of Act 606 and charge of the Shrimp Task Force – Mark Schexnayder
- Filing of Personal Financial Disclosure Tier 2.1 Form with the Louisiana Board of Ethics –David Lavergne
- Adoption of Standard Operating Procedures – Mark Schexnayder
Shrimp Promotion and Marketing Activities – Ewell Smith
- Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board
- Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission (GSMFC) Regional Plan
- Nationwide Seafood Coalition
- Presentation of the Voluntary Shrimp Certification Program – Jon Bell
Shrimp Management Opportunities – Mark Schexnayder
- License Moratorium
- Turtle Excluder Device (TED) regulations
- Public Comment
- Other Business
- Next Meeting / Agenda
The Louisiana Shrimp Task Force was created by Act 606 of the Louisiana Legislature to study and monitor the shrimp industry and to make recommendations to the state.
This meeting is open to the public.
For more information contact Laura Wooderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (225) 610-2363.