January 23, 2012 – The Louisiana Shrimp Task Force will meet this Thursday, January 26, 2012 in Baton Rouge at Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Headquarters in Baton Rouge in the Louisiana Room.
The agenda for Thursday’s meeting is as follows:
1. Roll Call
2. Discussion of LA 2012 Coastal Protection and Restoration MasterPlan
3. Presentation on Louisiana Seafood Arena proposal by New Orleans Hornets, LSPMB
4. Premium Seafood Certification Discussion
5. Discussion of funds allocated to support the certification needs of the industry from money appropriated from 2010 legislation from LA Artificial Reef Fund
6. Report on status of sea turtle lawsuit against NOAA and TED testing in LA
7. Review 2009-10 STF recommendations from “Louisiana Shrimp Task Force Report dated March 31, 2010”
8. Shrimp Management
9. Public Comment
10. Set next meeting date
The Louisiana Shrimp Task Force was created by Act 606 of the Louisiana Legislature to study and monitor the shrimp industry and to make recommendations to the state.
The Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana's abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.louisiana.gov on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ldwffb or follow us on Twitter @LDWF.
This meeting is open to the public.
For more information please contact Laura Wooderson at email@example.com or (225)610-2363.