Fishing Permits

Permit Type Price How to Obtain Permit Application Links
Recreational Offshore Landings Permit No Fee

The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) developed the Recreational Offshore Landings Permit Program to better quantify and characterize the charter and recreational fishermen that fish beyond Louisiana’s territorial waters.

For more information, visit

Contact: Jason Adriance, (504) 284-2032 or
Seismic Monitoring Program

Please Visit for more information and forms.

Special Bait Dealer Permit $110.00

Questions concerning permit status contact commercial licensing at 225-765-2898.

Tilapia Culture
Bond: $25,000.00
Fee: $50.00

Contact Permit Manager at (225) 765-0765

Tilapia Holder
Bond: $10,000
Fee: $50.00

Contact Permit Manger at (225) 765-0765

Triploid Grass Carp Possession and Transport Permit $50.00

Complete application and mail with fee to address on application form. Contact Commercial licensing section to check on permit status at 225-765-2898. Contact area field field office for questions regarding grass carp stocking. Inland Districts

Triploid Grass Carp Seller $250.00

Complete application including statement of compliance and mail with fee payment to address on application form.

Wildlife Permits

Permit Type Price How to Obtain Permit Application Links
Disabled Hunter License No Fee

Available from the Monroe, Alexandria, Opelousas, Lake Charles and Baton Rouge offices. Contact Information

Falconry Permit $25.00

Contact Melissa Collins @ (225) 763-8584 or for an application.

Field Trial No Fee

Available from Regional Office

Fill Material See Application Form

Complete application and consent form and return to LDWF

Firewood Cutting on WMAs No Fee

Available at Alexandria or Monroe Region Office, Aug. – Sept.

Contact Fred Hagaman @ 318-487-5633

Fox/Coyote Hunting Preserves Varies

Contact Mike Perot (Southern Region) at (225) 765-2360 or Jeff Taverner (Northern Region) at (318) 343-4044

Houseboat Mooring No Fee

Contact New Iberia office at 337-373-0032

Nuisance Beaver Control Permit No Fee

Available from Local Office

Nuisance Squirrel Permit No Fee

Available from Local Office

Physically Challenged Hunter Permit No Fee

Special deer and waterfowl hunting areas, blinds and stands identified with LDWF logos, have been established for PCHP wheelchair confined hunters on WMAs. Hunters must obtain PCHP permits and are required to make reservations to use blinds and stands. PCHP wheelchair hunting areas are available on Alexander State Forest, Big Colewa Bayou, Buckhorn, Clear Creek, Elbow Slough, Floy W. McElroy, Ouachita and Sherburne WMAs. Check WMA hunting schedules or call the LDWF field offices in Pineville, Lake Charles, Opelousas, Minden, Monroe or Hammond for more information.

Potentially Dangerous Wild Quadruped and Non-human Primate Permit No Fee

Contact Maria Davidson, (225) 765-2385

Road Killed Nongame Quadruped used for scientific projects See Scientific Collecting Permit
Rules and Procedures for Nighttime Feral Hog Hunting Permits on Private Property No Fee

Melissa Collins at 225-763-8584

Scenic River Permit $100.00
Contact Chris Davis at (225)765-2642

Scientific Collecting Permit No Fee

Contact Permit Manager at 225-765-2373 for questions concerning Freshwater/Saltwater Area Permits;

Contact Michael Seymour at 225-763-3554 for questions concerning the La. Natural Heritage Program/Terrestrial Permits.

Seismic Monitoring Program

Please Visit for more information and forms.

Self-Clearing Permit No Fee

Self-Clearing Permits are available at information stations on Wildlife Management Areas

Taxidermy Work; Allowing Possession of

Permits are needed for migratory birds. Contact U.S. Dept. of Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Migratory Bird Permit Office, P.O. Box 49208, Atlanta, GA 30359, (404) 679-7049.

Temp. Holding/Display, promotional use, and special use/possession of Non-game No Fee

Complete application and mail to the address listed in application

Wildlife Division WMA Research Permit No Fee

Contact Jeff Duguay, 225-765-2359 or

Wildlife Rehabilitation No Fee

Contact Melissa Collins @ (225) 763-8584 or for an application.

WMA Bird Dog Training Area Permit No Fee

Available from Regional Office

WMA Commercial activity permit

Available from LDWF Secretary's office only.

WMA Hardmast Collection Varies

Contact Buddy Dupuy @ 318-487-5631 or

Enforcement Permits

Permit Type Price How to Obtain Permit Application Links
Marine Event Permit Form

The department issues marine event permits for any organized event held on the water that introduces extra or unusual safety hazards on navigable waterways. Permit forms must be turned in to the department at least 30 days prior to any event.

Contact Sergeant Clay Marques at for any questions.