March 1, 2011 - The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries will host six public meetings around the state to present proposed 2011-13 hunting season dates, Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) general rules and regulation changes, changes in the Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) and waterfowl season options.
Public comment will be taken on all items under consideration by the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission through May 5. The meeting dates and locations include:
- March 9 at 6 p.m., Alexandria Convention Hall located at 915 Third St.
- March 15 at 6:30 p.m., LDWF Office in Minden located at 9961 Hwy. 80.
- March 15 at 6:30 p.m., Yambilee Festival Bldg., 1939 W. Landry, Opelousas
- March 16 at 6 p.m., Ponchatoula High School Cafeteria, 19452 Hwy. 22.
- March 17 at 6 p.m., Bastrop Visitor Center, 124 N. Washington St.
- March 22 at 6:30 p.m., LSU Ag Center, 7101 Gulf Hwy., Lake Charles.
To view the full notice of intent and all proposed hunting season dates and regulations changes for the upcoming hunting season, please visit http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/action-items . Public comment will be accepted at LWFC monthly meetings from March through May or can be submitted directly to Randy Myers, Wildlife Division, LDWF, PO Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000, until May 5.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana's abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.louisiana.gov  on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ldwffb  or follow us on Twitter @LDWF.
For more information, contact Randy Myers at 225-765-2359 or email@example.com .