DEQ is sponsoring free workshops to inform and assist municipalities and parish governments with the requirements of Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems and the upcoming Total Maximum Daily Load changes and how they apply. Pre-registration is suggested due to limited space and participants should register at least a week before each session.
The workshop locations are as follows:
• LAKE CHARLES: THURSDAY, JUNE 9, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
LSU Ag Center, 7101 Gulf Highway Lake Charles
• LAFAYETTE: THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
LUS (Lafayette Utilities System) Training Center, Main Building, 1314 Walker Rd., Lafayette
• COVINGTON: THURSDAY, JULY 7, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.1
Saint Tammany Parish Public Works Building, 620 N. Tyler Street, Covington
• HOUMA: THURSDAY, JULY 28, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Terrebonne Parish Library, 151 Library Dr. Houma
• BATON ROUGE: THURSDAY, AUG. 11, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
LDEQ Headquarters, Pensacola Room, 602 North 5th Street Baton Rouge
• WEST MONROE: WEDNESDAY, Aug. 24, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
West Monroe Convention Center Conference Hall, 901 Ridge Ave., West Monroe
• SHREVEPORT: THURSDAY, AUG. 25, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Louisiana State Office Building, 1525 Fairfield, Room 205, Shreveport
If you would like to attend, you can register online at www.deq.louisiana.gov/enviroschool or faxing a registration form to (225)325-8222. For more information, please contact Jeff Jackson at (337)262-5582/ email@example.com or Tomeka Prioleau at (225) 219-0877/ firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the ENVIROSCHOOL Web site at www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/tabid/2601/Default.aspx.