The Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries' Environmental Education Commission (LEEC) is now accepting proposals for their 2013-2014 Grants Program.
The submission deadline for each of these grants is March 15, 2013.
Applications will be accepted via electronic submission only.
- Based on sound scientific principles, have an environmental focus, and be designed to directly impact Louisiana students
- Those eligible: Accredited K-12 Louisiana schools
- Maximum award: $1,000 for 1 teacher or $2,000 for a team
- Educator Grant Guidelines
- Educator Grant Application
Formal/Non-Formal Educator/Professional Development Grants
- Based on sound scientific principles, have an environmental focus, and be designed to directly impact pre-service and/or in-service educators in Louisiana
- Those eligible: Louisiana education, state, or environmental agencies, colleges, universities, or 501(C)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Maximum award: $2,500
- Professional Development Grant Guidelines
- Professional Development Grant Application
School Sustainability Grants
- Designed to encourage student learning via sustainability initiatives in EPA Region 6 K-12 schools
- Proposals to be considered are those within a specific school campus that will both actively engage students and result in a more sustainable facility.
- Those eligible: Accredited K-12 schools in EPA Region 6 area – Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas
- Project funds are provided via a grant from the EPA Office of Environmental Education Sub-Grants Program to LDWF
- Maximum award: $5000.00
- Sustainability Grant Guidelines
- Sustainability Grant Application
University Research Grants
- Post-graduate research with a focus on environmental issues
- Those eligible: Students attending Louisiana colleges or universities and who are working toward a Masters, Ph.D., or conducting Ph.D. research are eligible to apply on behalf of their school
- Maximum award: $1,200
- Research Grant Guidelines
- Research Grant Application
Venise Ortego, Environmental Education Coordinator
Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries