March 14, 2013 -- The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission (LWFC) adopted an amendment to the notice of intent for the 2013-14 WMA Hunting Seasons Rules and Regulations and the 2013 WMA Hunting Schedule at their March 7 meeting.
The amendment would provide for an experimental nighttime frogging season on Salvador-Timken Wildlife Management Area from June 1 to Aug. 15. If finally approved, after the public comment period, the experimental season would begin June 1, 2014. The daily limit would be 50 frogs per vessel and participants would be required to carry a valid Louisiana fishing license. For additional details on frogging, consult the 2013 Louisiana Fishing Regulations booklet, page 28.
To view the original notices of intent and amendments for upcoming hunting seasons, visit http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/action-items .
Public comment can be submitted to Steve Smith, Wildlife Division, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF), P.O. Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000, or via email to email@example.com  until May 2, 2013.
Proposed hunting season dates, general hunting regulations and WMA regulations will additionally be presented in nine public meetings as follows:
- March 19 at 6 p.m., LDWF Minden Office, 9961 Hwy. 80, Minden
- March 19 at 6 p.m., St. Tammany Parish Council Chambers, 21490 Koop Drive, Mandeville
- March 20 at 6 p.m., LDWF Monroe Office, 368 CenturyLink Drive, Monroe
- March 20 at 6 p.m., Chalmette Elem. School Resource Center, 75 East Chalmette Circle, Chalmette
- March 21 at 6 p.m., USGS National Wetlands Research Center Conference Room, 646 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette
- March 26 at 6:30 p.m., LSU Ag Center, 7101 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles
- March 27 at 6 p.m., Alexandria Convention Hall, 915 Third St., Alexandria
- March 27 at 6 p.m., Houma Municipal Auditorium, 880 Verret St., Houma
- March 28 at 6 p.m., Waddill Outdoor Education Center, 4142 N. Flannery Road, Baton Rouge
For more information, contact Steve Smith at 225-765-2359.
The Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana's abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.louisiana.gov  on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ldwffb  or follow us on Twitter @LDWF.