July 31, 2013 – The Louisiana Shrimp Task Force will meet next Tuesday, August 6, at 10:00 a.m. in Houma in the Terrebonne Parish Council Meeting Room, located on the Second Floor Government Towers at 8026 Main Street, Houma, LA.
The agenda is as follows:
I. Roll Call and introduction of guests
II. Approval of March 14, 2013 Minutes and August 6, 2013 Agenda
III. Treasury Report
- Budget Report – Rene LeBreton
- Potential Funding to Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board from Shrimp Task Force
IV. Old Business
A. Update on serviceable crab trap law – LDWF Enforcement Representative
B. Laws regarding setting of seasons – LDWF Representative
C. Management Opportunities, Skimmer Legislation –Clint Guidry
V. New Business
- Louisiana Hypoxia Working Group- Doug Daigle/Clint Guidry
- Discussion on Top Markets for Shrimp
- Task Force Vacancies – Marty Bourgeois
- Update on Artificial Reef Fund- Jason Froeba
- LWSCP Enforcement- Jason Froeba
- Steering Committee for LDWF Continuing Education Program-Jason Froeba
- Boards and Commissions Meeting Requirements – Ashley Roth
- NOAA TED Testing and Observer Programs - Marty Bourgeois
Legislative Update – LDWF Representative
- HB 142 – Crab trap mesh size
- HB 426 – Composition of the Wildlife and Fisheries Commission
- SB 167 – Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board
- Seafood Processor Survey Results- Jack Isaacs
VI. Public Comment
VII. Set Next Meeting
The Louisiana Shrimp Task Force was created by Act 606 of the Louisiana Legislature to study and monitor the shrimp industry and to make recommendations to the state.
The Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana's abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.louisiana.gov  on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ldwffb  or follow us on Twitter @LDWF.
This meeting is open to the public.
For more information please contact Ashley Roth at email@example.com  or (228)342-0659.