(Nov. 20, 2013) - The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has opted to modify the Bundick Lake drawdown in Beauregard Parish to enable completion of several essential improvement projects around the lake.
At the request of the Beauregard Parish Police Jury, the drawdown was modified from 5 feet to 7 feet below pool elevation. The final gate closure ending the drawdown remains scheduled for January 15, 2014.
Both the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development and the Beauregard Parish Police Jury are conducting maintenance and improvements in conjunction with the drawdown.
Lake improvements include:
- Repairs to the drawdown structure (completed);
- construction of a new pier at the spillway launch (completed);
- repairs and improvements to the Hopewell Bridge launch (in progress);
- stump removal and installation of new boat lane markers (in progress);
- debris removal in access canals (in progress);
- vegetation removal near spillway and drawdown structure (completed);
- and repair and maintenance of the concrete spillway (in progress).
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.louisiana.gov  on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ldwffb  or follow us on Twitter @LDWF.
For press inquires, contact Ashley Wethey at email@example.com  or (504) 286-8733.