Annual hunting and fishing licenses go on sale June 1 each year and expire June 30 of the following year.
Hunting licenses may be purchased online or by telephone using Visa or MasterCard. Call toll free 1-888-765-2602. An authorization number for immediate use will be provided and licenses will be mailed to the licensee.
A SERVICE FEE IS CHARGED.
HIP CERTIFICATION All persons hunting migratory game birds (mourning doves, ducks, geese, woodcock, rails, snipe, coots or gallinules) in Louisiana must be HIP certified in addition to their appropriate licenses.
Duplicates: $2.00 per privilege - no duplicates are allowed for trip licenses
Bona Fide Resident:
1. Any person who has resided in this state continuously during the 12 months immediately prior to the date on which he applies for any license and who has manifested his intent to remain in this state by establishing Louisiana as his legal domicile, as demonstrated by compliance with all of the following, as applicable:
- If registered to vote, he is registered to vote in Louisiana
- If licensed to drive a motor vehicle, he is in possession of a valid Louisiana drivers license, or, if over the age of fifteen years and not licensed to drive, he is in possession of a special identification card issued by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections
- If owning a motor vehicle located within Louisiana, he is in possession of a valid Louisiana registration for that vehicle
- If earning an income, he has filed a Louisiana state income tax return and has complied with state income tax laws and regulations.
2. Any person, who possesses a resident license from any state or country other than Louisiana shall not qualify for a resident hunting license in Louisiana.
HUNTER CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
All persons born on or after September 1, 1969, must show proof of satisfactorily completing a Hunter Safety course approved by LDWF to purchase a Basic Hunting License. EXCEPT any active or veteran member of the United States armed services or any POST-certified law enforcement officer, application for the exemption shall be filed in person at the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries main office building in the city of Baton Rouge. However, a person younger than 16 years of age may hunt without such certificate if he is accompanied by and is under the direct supervision of a person 18 years of age or older EXCEPT during a statewide youth deer hunt, Youths must possess a hunter safety certification or proof of successful completion of a hunter safety course. Each youth must be accompanied by one adult 18 years of age or older. If the accompanying adult is in possession of hunter safety certification, a valid hunting license or proof of successful completion of a hunter safety course, this requirement is waived for youths younger than 16 years of age. For course information, call (225)765-2932 or any Regional Office.
|Resident Hunting Fees|
|Basic Season (excluding Big Game)||$15.00|
|LA Sportsman's Paradise License2||$100.00|
|Wild Louisiana Stamp||$9.50|
|Wild Louisiana Stamp (1 day)||$2.00|
|Harvest Information Program (HIP)4||FREE|
|Senior Hunt/Fish License5||$5.00|
|WMA Hunting Permit (age 18-59)6||$15.00|
|Non-Resident (NR ) Hunting Fees|
|Basic Season (excluding Big Game)||$150.00|
|Small Game/Migratory Bird (1 day)7||$29.00|
|Deer (1 day)7||$36.00|
|Turkey (1 day)7||$36.00|
|Louisiana Wild Turkey3||$20.50|
|Harvest Information Program (HIP)4||FREE|
|Hunting Preserve (Oct. 1 - April 30)||$15.00|
|NR La. native Basic Trip (5 days, excluding Big Game)||$15.00|
|NR La. native Big Game Trip (5 days)1||$14.00|
|NR La. native Bow Trip (5 days)||$10.50|
|NR La. native Primitive Firearm Trip (5 days)||$10.50|
|NR La. native Turkey Trip (5 days)||$5.50|
|NR La. native Duck (5 days)||$5.50|
|Military Hunting Fees|
|Resident/NR Active Military Basic Season||$15.00|
|Resident/NR Active Military Big Game1||$14.00|
|Resident/NR Active Military Bow||$10.50|
|Resident/NR Active Military Primitive Firearm||$10.50|
|Resident/NR Active Military LA Duck||$5.50|
|Resident/NR Active Military Wild Turkey3||$5.50|
|Commercial Hunting Preserve (pen-raised birds only; expires June 30)||$200.00|
|Game Breeder (raising and selling wild game birds and/or wild game quadrupeds; expires Dec. 31)||$25.00|