(WMAs) or by downloading this form: WMA Self Clearing Permit form-July 2012. 
A Self-Clearing Permit is required for ALL ACTIVITIES (hunting, fishing, hiking, birdwatching, sightseeing, etc.) on WMAs, unless otherwise specified.
The Self-Clearing Permit consists of two portions: Check In and Check Out.
• On WMAs where Self-Clearing Permits are required, all persons must obtain a WMA Self-Clearing Permit from an Information Station. The Check In portion must be completed and put in a permit box before each day's activity on the day of the activity.
EXCEPT if hunting from a private camp adjacent to the WMA being hunted, or if camping on the WMA, users need only to check in once during any 72-hour period.
Users may check in one day in advance of use.
• The Check Out portion must be carried by each person while on the WMA and must be completed and put in a permit box immediately upon exiting the WMA or within 72 hours after checking in if hunting from a private camp adjacent to the WMA being hunted or if camping on the WMA.
• No permit is required of fishers and boaters who do not travel on a WMA road and/or launch on the WMA as long as they do not get out of the boat and onto the WMA.
• Self-Clearing Permits are not required for persons only traveling through the WMA provided that the most direct route is taken and no activities or stops take place.
• When Mandatory Deer Checks are specified on WMAs, hunters must check deer at a check station.