To conserve, manage and enhance the Department’s forest land ecosystem so recreational, educational, research, and economic opportunities will be provided for the citizens of this state.
1. To conserve, manage and enhance the native flora and fauna on the forested lands of the Department’s WMA system.
2. To re-establish appropriate forest habitat and associated plant communities on the cleared agricultural lands contained in recently acquired WMAs.
3. To provide forest habitats with associated natural plant and animal communities for recreational use by the citizens of this state.
4. To integrate the Department’s forest habitat management strategies on WMAs with the socio-economic considerations of local communities through the sale of forest products.
5. To incorporate research and educational opportunities into the Department’s WMA forest management program.