Quantifying Debris - A Marine Debris Workshop
The Louisiana Environmental Education Commission is very pleased to announce the next session of its cross-curriculum Quantifying Debris workshop, to be held June 25-27, 2014 at Rockefeller Refuge in Cameron Parish. Participants will discover the local flora and fauna with area biologists, conduct beach profiling, receive GPS training and up to 16 professional development hours, and return home with a multitude of lessons and activities for their classrooms.
The event is open to teachers from EPA Region 6, encompassing Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
For more information, view the event flyer at http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/document/37566-quantifying-debris-workshop-flyer/qdflyer2014.pdf.
Apply online at http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/quantifying-debris-workshop-application.
Louisiana Black Bear Workshop - Bear with Us
- GLE aligned lessons focused on the Louisiana black bear
- $50 stipend upon completion of the workshop
- 1 Night lodging at Palmetto Island State Park cabins (night of June 17, 2014)
- Field work in black bear habitat
- GPS unit for your classroom upon completion of the workshop